Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 083 - Sedalia to La Monte MO

Temps were in the 60's  and 70's under an overcast sky. 

Scott Joplin lived in Sedalia as a boy. There is a park dedicated to him. Each year they have a Scott Joplin Ragtime Festival in June.  I love ragtime music. I'm here too early. 

Sedalia is also the location of the beautifully restored Katy Depot which serves as museum and visitors center. 

I walked by a Tyson processing plant for chickens and turkeys. I was stopped by a gentleman wanting to know if I wanted a ride then gave me a donation. 

Towards the end of the walk I had a private air show put on by the B-2 Stealth Bombers out of Whiteman Air Force Base.  I can't think of any plane I've seen that maneuvers quite like the B-2.  I then passed an old garage with a mural on it imploring you to buy a 50's Chevy on Highway 50. 

Thanks to Dennis Rich of the Sedalia Democrat who did an interview before I started the walk. 

Trivia Question: Katy Trail State Park passes thru the Katy Depot. What is Katy Trail State Park known for?



No comments:

Post a Comment