Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 044 - Vandalia to Brookville OH

The temps stayed in the low 40's on an overcast day. We had light intermittent rain for the first part of the walk with a 15 mph headwind.

Deb Rump joined me for the first half of the walk. She is an attorney who lost both her sister and mother-in-law to ovarian cancer. She is active with the Ovarian Cancer Connection of Northwest Ohio.

Deb brought me a half dozen different jumbo gourmet cookies from Thrush's Pastry Shoppe in Toledo and a box of Dark Chocolate Dipped Almondina Cookies. I am definitely going to be the first person to walk across the country and gain weight. Thanks to Joe Dranachal for giving Deb a ride back to her car.

There were not near as many earthworms on the pavement today as yesterday whe the rain and warm temperatures drove them out. You could really tell that the buds on all the trees were coming out in the past couple days. Towards the end of the walk I encountered a herd of a dozen goats about four of which were babies that were on the front porch of a house eating the vegetation along the edge. I spooked them and was not able to get a picture.

I packed up this morning and left my sister Diane's house where I had stayed since Easter Sunday. She fed me did my laundry and enabled me to visit my relatives for twelve days. Her and my brother Dan drove hundreds of miles positioning me and my car for the walks. My Mom did an great job contacting the media, various organizations and my relatives about the walk.

Trivia answer

My blog is provided by Google which is headquartered in Mountain View, California. The post times listed at the bottom of each blog are in local California time.

Trivia Question

How many days will it take me to walk from Atlantic City to California and how many days off do I have built into the schedule?



No comments:

Post a Comment